La vecchia dimora
Near the small hill town of Centuripe at the base of Mount Etna, La Vecchia Dimora offers one of the most peaceful rural settings of our villas in Sicily. This newly renovated country house blends modern conveniences with old world architecture, and is well placed for exploring eastern Sicily’s archeological and natural attractions.
Unwind and enjoy the warm Sicilian sun on the lounge chairs surrounding a large swimming pool that features fantastic views of the region. Wander through the garden’s stone walkways, a highlight of the villa’s 10 acres of land, part of a renowned farming estate known for its organic products. Families will appreciate the children’s playground in the garden. This aristocratic home has been restored with modern amenities while maintaining many existing features such as the original flooring and architecture.
The large living room has a fireplace offers plenty of seating for you and your guests. Dine family-style in the villa’s large and modern kitchen. The villa’s five bedrooms will comfortably accommodate 10 guests, and additional single beds are available upon request. Two of the bedrooms feature private ensuite bathrooms, while the remaining three have shared bathrooms. This villa is located near Centuripe, an ancient town toward the east of Sicily – an ideal location for exploring the historical sights nearby. The village itself is home to several interesting and historic churches, and the nearest restaurant is only a 10 minute stroll from the Villa.
- The stay at the villa must be for minimum of 7 days (Saturday to Saturday)
- The house will be available to Guests from 16 on Saturday, and must be vacated by 10 am the following Saturday.
- The arrival at the villa is provided between 16 and 19.
- Internet wi-fi
- Kitchen towels
Distances from the Villa
- The food, banks and shops are within a 5 km Centuripe;
- The nearest hospital is 18 miles Paterno.
- The nearest airport is Catania, about 40 km away, reachable by car and traveling on Highway dual carriageway (SS121).
- We recommend renting a car or scooter